Pi Gamma Mu Qualifications Worksheet
Geography Majors and Pi Gamma Mu
All WSC students are screened for PGM eligibility every semester.
Qualifications are as follows
The student's minimum overall
class rank is based on work completed at WSC:
Seniors (+90 hours) ________ must be in the upper third
of class (GPA cut-off varies by semester)
Juniors (60-89 hours) ________ must be in the upper
third of class (GPA
cut-off varies by
– 60 hours required overall
(at least Junior standing).
– 20 hours required in social
science courses (minimum 3.0 GPA).
– Transfer students must have
completed at least 24 hours at WSC.
Student must have completed the following courses UNLESS graduating at end
of current term.
– Only one course per requirement area below:
· At least one course in HIS
· At least one course in either GEO or ECO (SSC
319 substitutes for ECO)
· At least one course in POS (substitutes could include
SSC 300, 319, 419 or any cross-listed course
such as CJA 200 or GEO 305)
· At least one course in SOC or PSY or
· No “F” grade in any SSC course.